requirements for renewing driving license in saudi arabia
Renewing a driving license is one of the services that are provided online in Saudi Arabia which enables citizens or residents to renew their driving license online without visiting the governmental departments.
In this article, we will go through all the steps on how to renew the Saudi driving license as well as the requirements and conditions that are required. Please note the service only includes private driving licenses and motorcycle driving licenses.
Requirements For Renewing Driving License
To find out the requirements for renewing your driving license, you can check out the following points
- The expiry date of the driving license must be less than 180 days
- You must pay all traffic fines
- You should pass a driving license health check-up
- You have to have a fingerprint status and a photo in your account on Absher
- The applicant needs to pay the renewing service fees
How To Renew Driving License Method 1
Go to Absher.sa website select individual service then select your language English if you want Arabic so ignore this
- Login dashboard
- Enter username
- Enter password
- Click on login
Enter verification code which is sent on your registered mobile number then click on login button
- Then the search bar will appear on your absher dashboard.
- here you have to type Renew Driving License.
- After selecting Renew Driving License, you will see the Next button, click on it.
- if your license is private then click on the option of Private then click on Next button.
- Then choose license renewal period 2 years 5 years or 10 years then click on Next button.
- Then by coming down click on the Please accept terms and conditions and click on confirm button.
- After confirming, your license will be renewed.
- then come down and select the option of request postal document delivery.
How To Renew Driving License Method 2
After ensuring that all of the conditions and requirements are met, you can now proceed to follow the steps for renewing your license:
- Login to your Absher account
- Choose My Services
- Click on E-Services
- Select Police Traffic Services
- Select Renewing Driving License service
- Click on Select a License
- Select the license type and the renewal period
- Click on Next
- Confirm the renewal
Renew Driving License KSA Fees
According to the General Department of Traffic, the Saudi driving license renewal fee for 2022 goes as follows
40 SAR per year for a private driving license
200 SAR for a motorcycle driving license (10 years)
Lastly, we have mentioned all the steps you should follow when renewing your driving license in KSA as well as the conditions and fees that enable you to apply for this service.