With Silk, Gold and Silver, The Holy Kaaba Kiswah is sewed and embroidered every year
The Kiswah (the Black cloth) of Holy Kaaba is sewed and embroidered every year with thread of Silk, Gold and Silver, with the attention of the Saudi Government since the era of the founder King Abdul Aziz bin Abdul Rahman Al Saud, who ordered the establishment of a special house for the manufacture of the Kiswa for the Holy Kaaba in Makkah. Like and Follow Saudi Expatriates on Facebook
The story began in a private house in the Ajyad locality in front of the house of the Ministry of Public Finance in Makkah in the 1346 AH, So that the Kiswa of the Kaaba was the first suit to be made in Makkah.
- Currently, the Kaaba Kiwah annual costs exceeds 20 million Saudi riyals, it weighs about 850 Kg, divided into 47 pieces of cloth 98 cm wide and 14 cm height
and they are sewn in the King Abdulaziz Complex for the Kaaba Kiswah affiliated to the General Presidency for the Affairs of the Two Holy Mosques, located in Umm Al-Jude in Makkah, to be ready for the day of its change and this year Kaaba Kiswah will be changed on 1st Muharram 1444 AH
- The sons of the founder continued to pay attention after him to the care and development of the Kiwah industry, as the first Kiswa to be manufactures in the new factory was completed after 3 months work, specifically in August 1962.
- In the year 1962, King Saudi bin Abdulaziz ordered the preparation of the honorable clothing factory and then assigned this task to his brother, King Faisal, who assigned the Minister of Hajj and Endowments Hussein Arab, so he chose a building affiliated with the Ministry of Finance in Jarwal and this care continued during the reign of King Faisal bin Abdulaziz, then King Khalid and King Fahd, when the Kaaba cloth factory moved in the year 1397 to its new building in Umm Al-Joud and it was equipped with the most advanced machinery in the industry and has until now manufactured in its best form.
- In honor of the founding King, the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saudi approved on 13th Shaban 1439 AH to change the name of the Kaaba Cloth Factory to the King Abdulaziz Complex for the Kaaba cloth.
- One of the most important things that was developed during the reign of the King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud is the provision of a Tajima machine and the jacquard machine, which manufactures the Kiswa of the Kaaba engraved with praises, gilded lanterns and the words, "Oh God, Glory be to God and Praise be to God, Glory be to God the Great, two hands, two safes and there is No God but Allah, Muhammad is the messenger of the Allah". This process is carried out by the specialized technical team of hands qualified trained on this machine, which contains more than 9 thousand strings of silk and the garment takes 6 to 8 months to manufacture and more than 200 makers work throughout the year in its manufacture.
- The Kaaba Kiswa is embroidered with threads of Gold, Silver, where the number of pieces of gold is up to 54 pieces on the Kaaba, in a specialized section called embroidery of the gold and silver in the complex using 120 kg of gold, 100 kg of painted silver, gold water and 760 kg of silk. Read more : The black cloth of Holy Kaaba - Kiswah
- The stages of Kaaba Kiswa pass through a number of technical and operational sections, it begins with the dyeing stage, which is the first stage of production of the Kiswa in the factory, where the dyeing department is given with the best types of pure natural silk in the world.
- Then the automated weaving that contains the copied Quranic phrases and verses and the laboratory section that conducts tests Miscellaneous for silk and cotton threads. In order to make sure that they conform to the required standards specifications in terms of the tensile strength of silk threads and their resistance to erosion factors, in addition to doing some research and experiments necessary for this, then comes the printing stage, which consists of the belt and embroidery department, the Kiswa sewing department and then the Kaaba cladding care unit. Read : Meezab is the smallest piece of Holy Kaaba made up of pure gold
- After completion of all production and manufacturing stages, in the middle of the month of Dhu Al-Qadah, an annual ceremony is held in the factory of the Kiswa and it is handed over to the chief guard of the Kaaba, who in turn delivers it to the General President of the Affairs of the Two Holy Mosques. This year, a Royal order was issued for the delivery of Kaaba Kiswa on the 10th of Dhu Al-Hijjah.
- The last piece to be installed is the door curtain of the Kaaba, which is one of the most difficult stages in the process of changing the Kiswah. After it is completed, the Kaaba kiswa lined with solid pieces of white cloth, is raised to the height of about 3 meters from the marble base of the Kaaba, known as the Ihram of Kaaba process, the garment of the Kaaba raised. Most Viewed : History of Silver, Gold doors of Holy Kaaba
- The complex is one of the largest silk manufacturing, embroidery and sculpting complexes, starting with the manufacturing and sewing of silk threads and printing symbols of silk cloth and then enters the embroidery section with gilts and then transfers to the assembly section and then fills the letters with cotton to give prominence and beauty to the crafts during the embroidery and then they perform the embroidery process, which is made of silver wire coated with gold water and pure silver wire, the the garment is ready for replacement. Know : Few interesting facts during Hajj pilgrimage